Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Little Friend

Morning after morning at 6am, I would put the leads on the dogs getting them ready to go on their beach run. And morning after morning, I would search for Jeb's Chuck-it - if you have a dog, you know what that is. The Chuck-it was never on the top rail of the wooden fence under the grape arbor where I left it the day before. So each morning, I would pick the Chuck-it up off the ground and march off to the beach. Last night, Kiana, my female husky was sitting quietly on the patio staring up at the grape arbor, ears perked and head cocked. After taking a few steps back to get the same view, I noticed that two little eyes were staring back at Kiana...and now glaring at me. He comes back every night to eat the grapes on my arbor - Concord grapes that is. I just hope he's getting enough of all four food groups.

No comments: