Sunday, June 15, 2008

Daddy

So when I got my head shaved the other day for the first time, a friend at the barbershop said I was escalating my "daddy factor". I think "daddy" in this case is more a state of mind and attitude then age.

My own Dad took off when I was five, moved away and called me when I was 21. "Hello Jim, this is your Father" is the first phone call. I spent a year getting to know him...and his new wife and many girlfriends. While I started drinking coffee in the mornings in those days, his drink of choice was Budweiser. I soon realized that things were not going to work out...and we broke up. As with some of the men (and women) I dated in the past, it just wasn't a good fit. He died a few years ago...unceremoniously, from liver problems.

There are a lot of great Fathers...and Daddys - younger and older, those that care and nurture. Good men. They should be honored on Father's Day...and every day.

1 comment:

Brettcajun said...

Welcome to the blogworld Jim. :)

Brett